zaterdag 11 juni 2016

Visionatica - Force of Luna

Original review from: https://www.wingsofdeath.net/Visionatica-Force-of-Luna 

It ends with atica and has something to do with wolves. I sense good vibes! People who know yours truly will know what I mean ;).
This company hails from Germany, and is determined to place their name among heroes as Xandria, Nightwish and Within Temptation. Active since 2013, and their debut Force of Luna already gets a lot of media attention. High time to caress my ears with the sounds of wolves dancing underneath a bloodmoon – as their selling slogan says.

The choir in intro track Visions gives me the idea that this could have fit as a Skyrim soundtrack. The following Swamp of the World also sends good impressions, by being epic enough to predict that this album will be quite memorable, but modest enough to hunger for more.
The vocals by Amara Avodem strongly remind of Sharon den Adel. Light and feathery, but still able to deliver quite a punch.

Lillith has some exotic, almost Celtic quirks, but has a typical standard rhythm. She Wolf is the selling point of the album, and rightly so! You are being carried away by an addicting  cadence of guitars right from the start, that takes many twists and turns. The safest and most obvious choice for a lead single would probably be Lillith, but Visionatica has made a great decision by letting She Wolf fill that role. It’s catchy enough for it, but has enough aggression and spunk to it to let people know that Visionatica means business! Throw in a heavenly choir piece halfway and I’m sold! De melody keeps re-inventing itself and the song explodes to quite the mini-epic with an enthralling open ending, like some kind of cliffhanger. This song is a prime example of perfection!

Imprinting Lies alternates between aggressive parts and a melancholic chorus. Just when you think this will be another nice, relaxed song, an organ comes marching around the bend that forms an introduction to the last part where the drums come to kick ass, and suddenly make way for a soft, tinkling ending. Now, that’s what I call a nice plot-twist!

Certainty of Benevolence is another nice track that reminds of the best days of Within Temptation. Not too bustling but still packed with details that make this song a feast to listen to. Amara lets her voice shine like a bright moon in the night, carried by a compelling cadence of violent guitars.

I can hardly find the words to describe The Thorns. Truly a wonderful ballad! Sweet, peaceful, with peaks that make every hair on my arms stand upright. As soon as the second vocals by Michael Liewald (Winterstorm) join in, words don’t comply. I will let the following visualization of my reaction do the job: grabbing my head, jaw-dropped and with watery eyes.

Totem gives me opportunity to get myself together again, and returns to the successful recipe of previous songs.
The outstanding vocals of Amara reign supreme, and the chorus sweeps you away to moonlit forests.

Never Will Die brings a far too quick ending to the album. Amara’s voice may be a tad bit too sweet here, in contrast with the pounding sounds that dominate this song. When it comes to orchestration, no trick has been left behind and the little part of a capella just before the last chorus provokes a jaw-dropping reaction once again. The goose bumps on my arms rejoices by hearing that last note that Amara chimes out, and my fingers are reaching for the replay button!

What? Newcomer you say? What I just heard makes many experienced band pale in comparison! Each song has something touching, and is filled with loads of twists and turns that lift everything up a few levels. Ever fan of female fronted now get a duty appointed by me; to place Visionatica at the top of the genre!
Hereby I bid them welcome to my playlist, and Force of Luna is definitely going on my wish list. I predict that many a metalfan will follow my example. Or at least: I really hope so! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten